Modernizing applications with Kubernetes (and containers) can provide several benefits:
- Portability: Containers are platform-agnostic and can run on any operating system, making it easy to deploy applications across different environments. This allows organizations to move their applications between on-premises, the cloud, and other environments without making any changes to the application itself.
- Scalability: Kubernetes is an orchestration platform allowing you to scale your applications up and down based on demand quickly. This will enable organizations to automatically adjust the number of containers running their application, ensuring that they always have the resources they need to meet demand.
- Isolation: Containers provide a level of isolation between applications, allowing organizations to run multiple applications on the same host without worrying about conflicts or issues between the applications.
- Improved security: Containers and Kubernetes provide a more secure environment for applications, as each container runs in its isolated environment. This makes it more difficult for an attacker to compromise the host or other containers running on the same host.
- Cost-effective: Containers and Kubernetes can be more cost-effective than traditional virtualization, as they use fewer resources and are more efficient. This can result in significant cost savings, especially when running large numbers of containers.
- Faster deployment: Containers and Kubernetes allow for more rapid deployment of applications, as they can be quickly packaged and deployed as a single unit. This makes it possible to deploy new versions of an application in minutes rather than hours or days.
- Cloud-native: Containers and Kubernetes are cloud-native technologies and are designed to work seamlessly with cloud services, enabling organizations to take advantage of the scalability, cost savings, and other benefits of the cloud.
Overall, modernizing applications with Kubernetes can help organizations improve the performance, scalability, security, and maintainability of their applications while also reducing costs and enabling them to take advantage of new technologies and best practices.
Not sure where to begin? Have a look at our Lift and Shift to Kubernetes offering.